JavaScript Disabled. For a better experience on this website please enable JavaScript in your browser.
SGAS 605 Conjunto E, Lotes 34/37 | Brasilia, DF 70200-650 Brazil | 55 (61) 3442-9700 | Contact Us
Nov
3

COVID-19 Decree Update - Note from the Head of School

Dear EAB Parents,

I hope this letter finds you well! As you have likely heard, some decrees in the Federal District regarding COVID-19 restrictions are due to change today, Wednesday, November 3. The most significant changes being that masks are no longer required in outdoor areas and also that the physical distancing restrictions indoors are also no longer required. Schools, however, can determine whether to keep these restrictions in place or not. We have decided to gather more information before making a decision. 

Throughout the pandemic, we have remained conservative and data-driven in our decisions regarding Covid safety protocols. We will continue to do so and will keep all current restrictions in place. However, we will explore potentially allowing masks to be taken off in outdoor areas on campus and explore reducing the distancing restrictions indoors. However, before feeling comfortable doing this, we would like to collect some data and get input from our community members.

As a first step, we will be collecting vaccination data from all students. We have already done this with our faculty and have 99% of our faculty and staff fully vaccinated. Soon you will get a survey to fill out regarding your child’s vaccination status if your child is 12 years of age or older. We need everyone's participation in this survey to have accurate data.  On the survey, you will be asked if your child has had the first dose of the vaccine, is fully vaccinated, will not be vaccinated, or if you would prefer not to share their vaccination status. This information will be very helpful data to help guide our decision going forward.

After receiving this vaccination data, we will share the general percentage of vaccinated students age 12 and over with our community. At this time, we will ask for our community's opinion regarding the removal of masks in outdoor spaces and the physical distancing requirements in our indoor spaces. It is important to note that this opinion will be asked via survey, but this does not count as a vote. This is not a scenario where we will only use this data to decide on our next steps. The survey data will instead be used as one piece of information to inform our decision.

After collecting vaccination data and the opinions of our stakeholder groups, we will then present this data to a team of medical professionals that we have been consistently consulting with for their feedback. 

After all of the steps have been completed, we will decide how to move forward with these new decrees. Given the time it will take to collect the status and receive feedback from our community and medical professionals, we will not be looking to make any changes until after winter break.

I wanted to share this timeline with you and share the action steps we plan to take to inform our decision. As always, we want to ensure that we are thorough, thoughtful, and intentional in any changes we make regarding our Covid health and safety protocols.

Thank you very much for your ongoing support during the pandemic. Like you, we are looking forward to easing some restrictions when it is safe to do so.

Grace McCallum
Head of School

 


 

Prezados Pais da EAB,


Espero que esta mensagem os encontre bem! Como vocês provavelmente já devem ter ouvido, alguns decretos no Distrito Federal sobre as restrições do COVID-19 devem ser alterados na próxima quarta-feira, 3 de novembro. As alterações mais significativas são que as máscaras não são mais necessárias em áreas externas e a distância exigida em ambientes internos também não é mais necessária. As escolas, no entanto, podem determinar se devem manter essas restrições ou não. Neste momento, decidimos coletar mais informações antes de tomar uma decisão.

Durante toda a pandemia, permanecemos conservadores e tomamos nossas decisões com base em dados sobre os protocolos de segurança da Covid. Continuaremos a fazê-lo e manteremos todas as restrições atuais em vigor. No entanto, exploraremos a possibilidade de permitir que as máscaras sejam retiradas em áreas externas do campus e exploraremos a redução das restrições de distanciamento em ambientes internos. No entanto, antes de nos sentirmos confortáveis ​​para fazer isso, gostaríamos de coletar alguns dados e obter informações dos membros da nossa comunidade.

Como primeira etapa, iremos coletar dados de vacinação de todos os alunos. Já fizemos isso com nosso corpo docente e temos 99% de nosso corpo docente e funcionários totalmente vacinados. Em breve, você receberá uma pesquisa para preencher sobre o estado de vacinação do seu filho, se ele tiver 12 anos de idade ou mais. Precisamos da participação de todos nesta pesquisa para termos dados precisos. Na pesquisa, você será questionado se seu filho recebeu a primeira dose da vacina, está totalmente vacinado, não será vacinado ou se você prefere não compartilhar seu status de vacinação. Essas informações são dados muito úteis para ajudar a orientar nossas decisões daqui para frente.

Depois de receber esses dados de vacinação, iremos compartilhar a porcentagem geral de alunos vacinados com 12 anos ou mais na nossa comunidade. Neste momento, pediremos a opinião de nossa comunidade sobre a remoção de máscaras em espaços externos e os requisitos de distanciamento físico em nossos espaços internos. É importante observar que esta opinião será solicitada por meio de pesquisa, mas isso não conta como um voto. Este não é um cenário em que usaremos apenas esses dados para decidir sobre nossos próximos passos. Em vez disso, os dados da pesquisa serão usados ​​como uma informação para nossa decisão.

Depois de coletar os dados de vacinação e as opiniões de nossos grupos de interessados, apresentaremos esses dados a uma equipe de profissionais médicos que temos consultado sistematicamente para obter feedback.

Depois que todas as etapas forem concluídas, iremos decidir como seguir em frente com esses novos decretos. Dado o tempo que levará para coletar o status e receber feedback de nossa comunidade e de profissionais médicos, não faremos nenhuma alteração até depois das férias de dezembro.

Gostaria de compartilhar este cronograma com você e as etapas das ações que planejamos realizar e então informar nossa decisão. Como sempre, queremos garantir que somos minuciosos, atenciosos e conscientes em todas as alterações que fizermos em relação aos nossos protocolos de saúde e segurança da Covid.

Muito obrigada por seu apoio contínuo durante a pandemia. Como você, esperamos facilitar algumas restrições quando for seguro fazê-lo.

Grace McCallum
Diretora Geral

Welcome! Please sign in:

Can't access your account?