EAB is pleased to be able to offer our students and families access to Naviance Family Connection! We will be using this tool with students in grades 6-12 to assist in career development ,college planning and college selection process. This secure web-based program will complement the annual guidance reviews, series of college fairs, and college information sessions counselors will continue to offer to our students.
Students will be introduced to this program throughout the school year in after school workshops provided by their school counselors. Naviance Family Connection will be essential in exploring careers, majors, colleges, scholarships, and so much more.
Students and parents will be able to:
- Receive important news about college visits, college fair information, and events a EAB.
- Contact counselors directly by e-mail.
- Access scholarship applications, application websites, and college related links.
- Construct their activities resume.
- Access a comprehensive college search engine.
- Explore career interest inventories, personality profiler and learning style.
Features to focus on:
Home Page tab:
- What's New:
- Displays new information available from the counselors.
- Check messages about application deadlines, scholarship opportunities, college events and programs, and other important information about the college search and application process.
- Document Library
- Necessary forms and handouts
- Contact Us
- Send email to the student's counselor
- MY COLLEGES
Colleges I'm Thinking About and Colleges I'm Applying To
- Teacher recommendation requests are found under the Colleges I'm Applying to section. Scroll down to the Teacher Recommendations section and click on the "add/cancel requests" link to add a teacher to your recommendations request list. As instructed, you should do this after you've spoken to your teacher and give them at least three weeks advanced notice.
- As you become interested in various colleges, this section of Naviance will provide you with a wealth of information about those specific colleges, and will also allow you to see how your academic criteria compares with the academic criteria preferred by those specific colleges.
- Once students have applied to a particular college, they can also use Naviance to track where their transcript and other supporting documents have been submitted.
- College Visits Schedule. Check here to see when college representatives will be on campus.
- COLLEGE RESEARCH
- College Lookup:
- This research tool provides comprehensive information on thousands of colleges. In addition to general and admissions information, further data is presented on academics, cost and financial aid, student body characteristics, extracurricular and athletic programs. A link to each college's website is provided.
- College Search:
- Enter criteria such as size, location, cost, availability of specific majors or athletic programs, and students can produce a list of colleges that meet their criteria.
- College Match and College Compare
- College Match analyzes applications of other students from EAB to find colleges that have accepted students with a GPA and test scores similar to those of your child. Similarly, students can enter a list of schools into College Compare to view EAB student acceptance statistics quickly and easily.3
- The maps sections provides maps of selected groups of colleges and universities.
- This feature provides a graphical view of application outcomes (accepted, denied, waitlisted) at a college for recent EAB applicants using GPA and test scores. Students can gauge their chances of acceptance by comparing personal GPA/ACT numbers with those displayed.
- Enrichment Programs
- Comprehensive list of summer programs offered throughout the U.S. and abroad designed for student enrichment
- Find Careers
- This sections lists careers alphabetically. When you click on a selected career, it provides detailed information about job duties, wages and academic preparation associated with that career.
- Find Career Clusters
- Similar to the find careers section, the find clusters provides links to careers grouped together for their similarity.
About Me Tab:
- Tools designed to help a student build a resume, track favorite colleges, and organize college search process and more.
If you need help signing into Family Connection, please contact Ms. Braketa