Development Officer (Half-time):
EAB Envision program mission statement:
"Envision EAB is a community building
program that aims to create a culture
of giving throughout EAB to enhance
medium- and long-term projects that
support all of our learners!"
The Development Officer plays an important role in non-profit and educational organizations. They ensure the development and success of an organization by instilling a culture of giving, coordinating fund development, contributing to strategic planning, and addressing development issues within the organization.
Create a culture of giving guided by EAB’s mission and vision
Work with the Leadership Team, Envision Committee and Board of Directors to facilitate medium and long-term strategic plans.
Manage the operations development function efficiently, and oversee development activities in coordination with staff.
Establish performance measures and monitor results.
Help to identify, and motivate fundraising advocates.
Encourage a sense of community throughout EAB’s international constituency that reaches from students, their families, staff, faculty, and alumni.
Liaise with Envision EAB board committee, the Advancement department, Leadership Team and school-wide in general
Maintain parent and alumni database and track pledges/donations
Other duties as required to support learning at EAB.
Develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan based on the development cycle of identification, cultivation, asking and stewardship
Work with the Advancement Director to craft messaging and fundraising materials
Collaborate with the Envision EAB committee and leadership team to direct fundraising.
Connect with alumni and encourage them to connect with each other through social media and in-person social events like the upcoming 2020 all-school reunion
Write and research for the monthly newsletter
update and monitor social media
Social affability and ease of speaking both English and Portuguese
Experience working in an international setting
A self-starter that also works well collaboratively
Effective communication skills: written, oral and spoken
Information About Brasilia
EAB Core Documents
Learners inspiring learners to be inquisitive in life, principled in character, and bold in vision.
To positively impact the world through excellence in academics, activities, arts, leadership, and service.
All EAB Learners are:
- Engaged in their own learning,
- Principled in their learning and actions,
- Collaborative to enhance learning for all,
- Contributing positively to their learning community.
We are a diverse community that provides an English-language based pre-K through Grade 12 education. We are an International Baccalaureate World School with U.S. and Brazilian accreditation.
Minimum Qualifications for Teachers
- BA/BS Degree in area of concentration
- Two years of teaching experience
- Current teacher certification for the teaching position
- English Fluency
The American School of Brasilia (EAB) is seeking dedicated, professional teachers to join the EAB community. Ideal candidates are those who are energetic, caring teachers, who are committed to educational excellence and enjoy working as members of an instructional team in a climate of shared decision-making. In addition to a competitive compensation package, the American School of Brasilia offers:
- A supportive Administration and Board of Directors
- A multi-national student body with parents who value education and appreciate the work of teachers
- A comprehensive staff orientation and Portuguese language acquisition program
- A commitment to professional development and curriculum renewal
- A city that, by any comparison, is clean, safe, with minimal pollution and traffic concerns
- A year-round climate that is ideal for outdoor activities
- A rich and varied Brazilian culture with the friendliest people imaginable
Contact & Social Media Information