August 2017 Openings
- Provides helpdesk support to offices, classrooms, students, faculty, staff and parents.
- Provide research and technology assistance.
- Available for all help requests from students, faculty and staff.
- Be available for help desk questions.
- Hardware support
- Collect, store and replace all technology equipment over the extended breaks.
- Maintain computers, laptops and devices.
- Keep Hardware Inventory up to date
- Check out or deliver all resources and mobile equipment.
- Mobile devices general support
- MAP test hardware setup support.
- Responsible for the installation, repair and updates of all hardware
- Maintain a running inventory of all technology equipment
- Collect, store and replace all technology equipment over the extended breaks
- Train faculty and staff on new and in-use hardware
- Setup/Monitoring equipments to live stream for school's events when necessary
- Software support.
- Keep tabs on file storage space and take action to reduce to size as needed.
- Microsoft Office support (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Microsoft Windows support
Mac OSX & iOS support.
Formatting, create and editing of official documents, forms, calendars, certificates, etc.
Train faculty and staff on new and in-use software
Be familiar with all installed programs and offer assistance to all users who need help or training.
Antivirus server client management
- Create Google sites for internal events.
- Create pages for EAB public site
- Keep up-to-date with new technologies and their uses.
- Assist the other members of the team in all tasks assigned by the Technology Support Coordinator/Director.
- Be on-call to the Technology Director after normal business hours.
- Provide research and application on new and contemporary technologies.
- Technical support for events.
- Participate in buying hardware, accessories and supplies.
- Substitute for the Audio Specialist in the case of absence.
- proficient in English and Portuguese
- excellent written and oral communications skills
- strong interpersonal skills
- self-directed, energetic and proactive. Will actively look for areas of improvement
- knowledge of Adobe creative cloud product
- knowledge of backup solutions
knowledge of student information systems
Google certified preferred, not required
knowledge of Mac/Windows/Chromebook operating systems
* Other duties as deemed necessary by the Technology Director or Leadership Team to support learning at American School of Brasilia.
- Technology Assistant (job description)
Minimum Qualifications for Teachers
- BA/BS Degree in area of concentration
- Two years of teaching experience
- Current teacher certification for the teaching position
- English Fluency
The American School of Brasilia (EAB) is seeking dedicated, professional teachers to join the EAB community. Ideal candidates are those who are energetic, caring teachers, who are committed to educational excellence and enjoy working as members of an instructional team in a climate of shared decision-making. In addition to a competitive compensation package, the American School of Brasilia offers:
- A supportive Administration and Board of Directors
- A multi-national student body with parents who value education and appreciate the work of teachers
- A comprehensive staff orientation and Portuguese language acquisition program
- A commitment to professional development and curriculum renewal
- A city that, by any comparison, is clean, safe, with minimal pollution and traffic concerns
- A year-round climate that is ideal for outdoor activities
- A rich and varied Brazilian culture with the friendliest people imaginable
Contact & Social Media Information
Information About Brasilia
EAB Core Documents
Learners inspiring learners to be inquisitive in life, principled in character, and bold in vision.
To positively impact the world through excellence in academics, activities, arts, leadership, and service.
All EAB Learners are:
- Engaged in their own learning,
- Principled in their learning and actions,
- Collaborative to enhance learning for all,
- Contributing positively to their learning community.
We are a diverse community that provides an English-language based pre-K through Grade 12 education. We are an International Baccalaureate World School with U.S. and Brazilian accreditation.